Top 5 most expensive Serbian paintings on the world market
Art is still the world’s most sought-after material good, which is why it attracts a lot of attention from collectors who are always looking for works to include in their collections. Can you guess which Serbian painting achieved the highest price at the auction?
- “Snake Tamer” (1887), a painting by Paja Jovanović, reached a price of 169,580 euros at an auction in London 20 years ago.
- Sava Šumanović “Village” (75,000 dolars),
- Petar Dobrović “Sea Coast” (46,000 dolars),
- Ljuba Popović “Tribute to Odyssey” (39,000 dolars),
- Uroš Predić “Queen Natalia in Paris” (38.500 dolars).
Đurić, Milosavljević, Veličković, Hakman and Stupar also found a place in the “top 10”.
The most important thing about the works of artists is that their price rises as the years go by and that this rule also applies to the years marked by the economic crisis. The conclusion is self-evident – collecting is a highly profitable activity.